Have an account?

10 March 2007

Opening night of 300

It lived up to expectations. Not the greatest movie in the world, but fulfilling. And even as someone who really normally dislikes lots of muscle, the guys looked good. They fit the part. And the audience clapped at one point. When you see it, you'll know where, even if no one claps.

Everything looked good, if sometimes grainy. I know it was the style Miller and Snyder were trying to attain but sometimes I felt I was in a throwback to some sort of low-budget 60's film, or like I was watching the Rudolph Maté original The 300 Spartans. Not that I've seen it, but perhaps they patched in pieces to go for a form of homage. :)

Defintely worth a watch.

And on a side note, while good to see friends, I really hate Mesquite. Bria, bring James and Josh and whoever else closer to me. Move to Plano. Because driving 40 minutes back home alone to an empty place is rather disappointing. Or work later schedules so you want to stay out later. Keep it in mind.

0 comments: