Have an account?

17 March 2007

I much prefer dark quiet bars

I was conned last night into going out when I was already in a rather loose frame of mind. So I met up with Rebecca and we proceeded to go to Carson's Live, a huge monstrosity of a club, and met up with some coworkers. There are a few technicians in town for training and they evidently wanted to go out with the people who tell them what to do all day. I'm not sure if it was the shock of seeing me there or what explanation can be given, but I was assaulted with free drinks from the moment I walked in the door. Test tube shots and scotch from DeAndrea's boy, Randy was in a very happy place and felt the desire to share, and jello shots from James, on of the techs from Connecticut. Raheim picked up the chair I was on to try to carry me to the dance floor at one point, and everyone tried to dance on and around me. I don't dance. Ever. But it was good they tried.

I remember Princess on stage dancing to the crowd, Randy grinding behind Angela, being told by one who has just met me that he would like to 'break me'.

It was definitely not the night I had planned out. I am glad I went, except for the head of pain I'm trying to forget now.

2 comments:

Beckers said...

You were not conned. You were cajoled. Completely different c word. And it got you out of the house and away from feeling dark and moody. So there! And you did dance a little. I seem to remember some chair boogying during some extremely bad 90's throw back music. :)

Astatine said...

chair boogying is soooo not dancing. it's mocking. i'm not even giving the song the respect that dancing gives but instead refusing to get off my butt.

and conned. b/c now i get to head from princess everyday about james. it would have been cajoled, but there were consequences, so my perception changed.