Have an account?

30 July 2009

Thanks NTTA!

In North Dallas area, there is 1 inner freeway circling city with a tollway on an outer loop. Crossing that into the city from the central and east is 1 freeway and another tollway. I live directly on the northeast corner of the crux of the tollways. making the easiest way anywhere one of the these 2 tollways. Following a car accident on Independence Day, my car has been in the shop and I have been driving around in a rental. While I normally have not been continuing to drive on the tollways, there has been the occasional use,of which I was not sure how it would work out on the bill, seeing as I forgot to take my tolltag out of the car, and they began the new billing system on 190 that does not require the tag and bills by license place. The old price for not paying through one of the large booths used to be a $25 hit each time.

Total cost after getting my car back yesterday and returning the rental? $4.40. Hell, yes! They finally fixed the horrible unfair system that north Texas wallowed under for the last 10+ years. If I had actually known how little it would cost, I would have driven more and spent less time in traffic.

But hey, on the plus side, I move a little further north soon that will force me to drive the slow method, with more time in city, less on the highway. This should have happened next month instead. At least Enterprise gave me a hybrid Ford Escape to make up for it being an SUV. While I would never buy a vehicle that large again, almost hated to give it back as nicely as it rode.

1 comments:

Beckers said...

To where are you moving? By the way, Billy bought me a computer, so I should be more readily accessible now. Miss you!