Have an account?

18 July 2009

F*** This!

Swearing reduces pain?

So I had a discussion on this a few days ago but had not read the article. I was mostly curios how they tested the theory, seeing as how rats cannot curse (in English at least, s far as I know) and who would be dumb enough to volunteer. Evidently, undergrads are this dumb, which anyone who has been to college or just been around anyone that age can attest, and are the most obvious group to test this out. I do however, disagree that putting your hand in ice cold water and seeing how long it takes to hurt is the equivalent of jamming your toe, smashing your elbow into a wall, or hitting your thumb with a hammer. I say take the same undergrads dumb enough to test the water theory and start smashing them with hammers to really verify the results.

0 comments: