Have an account?

26 January 2007

This Feeling, I Remember

'The wind was a proud being, and it was becoming irritated with whast the boy was saying. It commenced to blow harder, raising the desert sands. But finally it had to recognize that, even making its way around the world, it didn't know how to turn a man into the wind. And it knew nothing of love.
"In my travels around the world, I've often seen people speaking of love and looking towars the heavens," the wind said, furious at having to acknowledge its own limitations. "Maybe it's better to ask heaven."
"Well then, help me to do that," the boy said. "Fill this place with a sandstorm so strong that it blots out the sun. Then I can look to heaven without blinding myself."
So the wind blew with all its strength, and the sky was filled with sand. The sun was turned into a golden disk.'

--from The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo

0 comments: