Have an account?

04 September 2009

Life Changes Your Brain

So randomly today, a book on about enneagram tests and personality tests caught my eye on my shelf today. As a rule, I've never been a huge fan of psychology, as I have more issues trying to understand how someone does not already know who they are than I have interest in someone telling me things I already either know or know and am willingly hiding from myself. I already know I am an atypical type a slightly sociopathic INTJ. But for some reason, I was curious enough to look at the past results, and there was a scorecard with a date of 09/10/03. This made me curious enough to retake the test to see how almost exactly 6 years has changed my personality. So, results from age 22 to 28 below:


So what have I changed into? My artistic creativity, thinking for myself, and pragmatism have increased, but everything else has lessened. Most dramatically is the change in going from an eight to a five. My desire for leadership has obviously lessened with actual job required leadership. I supposed I learned it was not all is cracked up to be, or, I learned delegation along the way. The thinking went up, but I believe that to be more turning incredibly introspective and reclusive (it has been wonderful) recently. And the artistic I think is due to more free time and a return to who I was a long while ago. Somewhere along the way, I put most of my creativity to bed and concentrated on everyday life. It is nice to have it back, like remembering a third arm you ceased using.

Otherwise, I have become less perfectionist, less caring, less motivating, less loyal, less confrontational, and less accepting. This basically means at not yet 30, I am totally almost up to the 'get off my lawn' status, which I find extremely peaceful and amazing.

0 comments: