Have an account?

13 April 2007

Through the Looking-Glass

In Hindu Philosophy, life is cyclical. The universe has always been and will always be. Publius Terentius Afer (Terence) once stated that "There is nothing new under the sun." Lately that feeling has been coming in waves at me. I ran into old friends today when back somewhat towards my old area. It was nice to see faces I had assumed would always be seen only in old photos ever again. Another friend of mine has been speaking to an old co-worker and bringing back a billion associations in a different form. It's like all of my old life is trying to invade again. Or, on the other side, that I'm being told to remember who I was and where I came from. I'm not sure which.

Perhaps, like Dorian Gray, I am actually staying exactly the same and there is another me that is changing.

This is where all of the normal and the extra blend together. Coincidence, deja vu, etc. all seem to combine into a different world that I haven't seen in a long time, if ever before. Maybe I'm just looking at a giant snow-globe of my life rather than actually living it, but my perception sees it differently. And, as a boss of mine likes to say, "Perception is Reality".

0 comments: