Have an account?

14 April 2007

'Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit.'

Back in middle school I had a friend that when I spent the night over at her house, inevitably we would go to church in the morning. Not just the normal Methodist/Presbyterian boredom I was used to, but instead it was the wacky, completely different world of Mormons. Sunday school had sections where it was split by gender, they cross their arms to pray and it was an all-day affair. Or so it felt. But I remember in one of the Young Life classes a conversation about the word 'fool'.

I was always brought up with the word 'fool' meaning as a clown, typically Shakespearean. In this class, I discovered, the people were taught that calling someone a fool was a method of damning them to hell. It seemed a bit contrary to other standard Christian beliefs, but then I reminded myself, these were Mormons, not just the typical Prodestants. I was confused and bewildered, but of all the things I remember about those days, I learned the ease of damning someone to hell.

So on that note. I find today yet another easy method to condemn everone you dislike. You Are Damned. Add whoever you like, for whatever reason you see fit. Some other examples already on the site include Barbragetz, for underpaying her employees; The Batting Machine at Putt Putt, for throwing like a girl; Your Mom, for being a whore; and possibly the greatest, Ninja', for 'Oh Wait, Ninja's are too Cool, Nevermind'. 35559 already damned (although many look like repeats). Go add a few!

0 comments: