Have an account?

24 January 2008

The End is Nigh

The internet is to be cut off tomorrow, ending all the terribly long time we paid way too much for Verizon's very unreliable and awful service. Once established in the new place we should be getting some new form of tubeage, probably through the cable tv option, not that we ever watch tv. But I suppose with that option, we can now have the chance to watch a documentary or an episode of American Gladiators (until real television returns, which we also didn't watch) if the mood strikes. Rabbit ears have thus far given us static and religious or Spanish stations. Go all those German classes back in high school I don't remember. Very helpful in Texas.

So, this might be it, unless the neighbors become more slack and stop blocking my habits with passwords. Three years here and the next door neighbor finally blocked the internet a month ago. Seems just about right. So, if there's nothing new here, it could easily be I am ignoring you, or it could be I don't feel like disconnecting my laptop from the dock at work to check my email.

And now, I am off to watch bad karaoke and spend some time with friends. The world might end tonight as we are supposed to be getting some ice and freezing weather. Knowing Dallas and all the wonderful people around here, the quarter inch we will probably receive will end up with everything closing down tomorrow, much to my chagrin. See you guys in a week or two.

0 comments: