Have an account?

02 May 2007

May flowers?

From the WFAA.com Weather Blog:

9: 54 p.m. North of Stone Briar Mall, there is no power anywhere. It is pitch black until you hit Stone Brook Road. There were no lights in the grocery stores and gas stations in the area. Temporary stops signs have been placed where traffic lights are out, and I've seen a few emergency vehicle with their lights on. - Doug Boehner, downtown Dallas

9: 34 p.m. Up in Frisco around Stone Briar Mall, down trees are all around the mall. Police officers are moving trees and debris off of Gaylord. Parkway. At a Target, grocery carts are scattered across the parking lot and into bushes and trees. - Doug Boehner, downtown Dallas


I left work about 5-10 minutes past 2100 and went straight down Gaylord to Preston. I saw the trees down, the police, the carts in Target's parking lot. I went south from the mall, but from where I was at that time, the weather was much better and there was still power. Any issues for everyone else, blame TXU, not the weather. I know Mckinney was out but I think it is too vague to say everywhere north of Stonebriar. (Also, why is downtown Dallas guy up this far north?)

I do love to see people panic about the weather. At one time tonight, the rain was really, really hard. We kept pressing up against the windows to see outside and all we saw was the poor tree downstairs bent almost sideways b/c of the storm. The sky was really dark green and there were trash cans and stuff rolling across the driveway. But the most disturbing thing was the huge plate windows of the office shaking and the water seeping through around where the office park just spent a butt load of money to have re-caulked. Good job guys. Rather than working, most of my department was standing at the window waiting for something bad to happen and acting scared of the monsoon outside.

If they had thought, they would go sit down, b/c if anything is going to happen, due to desk placement, my boss and I will be hit first. Other people have "cube" walls to protect them. I sat there working and wondering why the people on my team couldn't quite fathom that, and how they also didn't realize that with them at the windows, they would be the front line and I would have time to run and hide. And while I am endlessly fascinated with storms and destruction, I will also take that few second opportunity and run for cover while others are the ones blown away by the breaking glass and wind.

1 comments:

Bill said...

His name was Boehner...hehehe