Have an account?

14 June 2008

Talk About Journalism...

Chris Martin walks out of interview

..

Maybe context is everything. I'm not a fan of Coldplay, I think they are a shitty version of U2. And anyone that knows me understands how I think U2 is a completely worthless band. But I have to give the dude credit here. He is questioned on something, takes a diplomatic approach and says "I wouldn't agree with you there at all, no. I'd say you're journalistically twisting me into saying something I don't really mean." Questioned on something else, says he's "not really enjoying things" and excuses himself for 2 minutes.

Talk about journalism twisting of words. The man excused himself and left for a few minutes, which amazingly, is not the same thing as throwing a hissy fit. Perhaps this is just a terrible journalist twisting something mundane into a 'story'. Perhaps this was a terrible journalist not giving credit to how upset he actually was over something banal. Either way, Yahoo needs to wake up and get someone who can write about a topic correctly and accurately, conveying the emotions through adjectives. The writer tried to stay neutral and all we get is unknown? Well done, my electronic newspaper man. Well done.

0 comments: