Have an account?

24 May 2008

Music

Why is it the small indie bands I realize I really like can't get their asses to Dallas so I can give them my money in exchange for listening to good music? Been listening to a few really decent bands of late, all of whom seem determined to not come within a close enough span to let me see them live.

The Kin: Beyond fantastic brotherly duo who meld their voices into an amazing combination. I can see where Adrian says they need a good producer to clean up the music, but really, I was blown away from the first moment I heard their music. I tend to put about 75% of my likes in a band on the singing, and I have been known for eclectic tastes in that field. But these two have beautiful voices. And I have gone back through the old stuff from Australia to the newest, and really, I cannot choose which I prefer. The old was much more rock based, more mainstream; the new more folk and feeling each note. I've even gone as far as to join their street team in an attempt to get them to come sing somewhere in Texas so I can continue promoting a worthwhile band. And on a plus note, they toured with VAST not too long ago, which makes me ever so more endeared to both bands. And HI Michael!

Augustana: Recently invested into this band. Decent main vocals, can see every song just about in the background of some tv show. You know, one of the poignant moments that bring the show in focus. Which, evidently is how they garnered some fame from a Scrubs episode. The way I have been listening lately, I'm sure I will recognize the song by the time I ever get around to this season's episodes.

What Made Milwaukee Famous: I both love and hate this band. They range too far between some superb songs such as Sultan to a few of the others that just leave me disappointed.

I understand my tastes in music do not fit into the mainstream. If I were a few years younger, I could totally be a hipster except for my aversion for skinny jeans, beards, and the look of being unwashed. I love me some good live shows full of people that are coming down from Denton to see a band. I love more knowing I can afford my liquor while at the show b/c I am gainfully employed.

This was totally not what this post was meant to be originally, but I guess at time you need to just let out these bursts. And while almost everyone I know hates the music I listen to, I still am pretty well set in the opinion that I am right and it is just everyone else who doesn't know better.

1 comments:

Bill said...

Beards Rock!!

Everyone should have one!!

Thanks for the links....I now have something to listen to while bored at work.