Have an account?

08 October 2007

The Things You Never Expect

Tonight one of my oldest friends informed me that an old friend from high school died last week due to a car accident. I never had many female friends, and she and I were never really all that close. We didn't hang outside of school, didn't have many mutual friends. But she was always one of those people that had so much confidence in herself that being around her made you feel special and more alive. Like you were part of a secret club of only the few that were really seriously having a good time, and there was a giant trick being pulled over on everyone else who was just merely existing. It's been a few years since we last spoke, and I could have gone forever without ever thinking about what she was up to or the things going on in her life. But knowing she is no longer ding those things just seems so off kilter. Damn.

0 comments: