Have an account?

05 June 2009

Happy Friday


So I finally received my Pentax M42 PK adapter today, allowing my to use my old Spotmatic lenses on my DSLR. This wonderful tiny ring allows me to use the old screw in lenses on a lock in type camera, giving me back the option of zoom and telephoto that I have been lacking in this camera. They have been sitting unused for about 10 years, not counting the 20 years they sat after my father quit using them.

Now I just have to remember how to actually take photos the fully manual way since the auto-function is lost with the adapter. It's nice to have not only zoom but macro as well, along with all the filters (which arguably, are just the pre-Photoshop ways of manipulation). I'm actually amazed taking a picture of the mermaid ball could come out so clearly and with such detail that I can see my entire living room in the reflection. Still need to work on noise reduction.

On a side note, uploading pictures tonight I reached a milestone of 20,000 now saved on my Flickr site, with most not visible to the public. This tells me I need to either A) Quit living behind the camera, B) Stop giving the camera to other people to take pictures whenI get tired or drunk, and C) Should stop spending my Friday night on Flickr and should go meet up with friends at the pub.

0 comments: