Have an account?

07 April 2009

Things I Am Not Used To

Strokes of luck, non-merit based, do not come easy to me. Things I have ever won, I have fought hand and tooth for, even when it seems to fall in my lap. Today was a bit of a surprise, and let me preface by mentioning that for anyone going through a hard time financially, I apologize that my good luck might seem somehow glib. It is not, in any way.

Things I have worked hard for in my life/through merit:
1. All job positions I have attained. - I tend to gravitate to management, but I even fought hard for the jobs I hated, such as day care and waitressing.
2. Maintaining friendships. - I am not easy to want to be around for years on end. I am a forgetful, ignoring, annoying, alpha-female who is as lazy as you can possibly imagine.
3. Random knowledge/skills - I love trivial pursuit. Even drinking can't take this information away from me.
4. Various sundry awards/acknowledgments/promotions - Some in social circles, some in more political, some in debate
5. Convincing people who know me that I have a form of wit, and it is not all sarcasm or elitism - harder than you think, especially as much as someone like me drinks.

Things I have won without any merit:
1. A pack of colored construction paper when I was in Kindergarten.
2. $100 Amazon gift certificate in 2007 thought Blingo.com - Yes, terrible sweepstakes stuff can win!
3. Toshiba 40 inch LCD TV - Today, for $6 through a raffle for a coworkers Little League team.

Either my luck has been saving up for the last 25+ years, or I just blew the next 20. Not sure. Either way, totally random good thing for me! Or, more for Adrian, as he uses the television more for video games, and neither of us watch that much TV. But, on the plus, side, now we can (if we wanted to waste our time). Yay random good luck!

Or, I might sell it on Craigslist...haven't made up my mind.

4 comments:

nihil said...

i want to win a tv.

Astatine said...

send me money and i'll let you know if you won in my raffle. ;)

jmlo said...

where are these raffles when i need them?!

nihil said...

sure, i'll send it right over.