Have an account?

19 December 2007

Toddler Gets Served


This video is an example of one of my biggest pet peeves: Parents that don't manage their kids in public. The Starbucks I go to is across the street from a private elementary school so moms* would come in with their kids in tow after school so they can sit and gossip for hours. Apparently, the popular parenting method in this situation is to get your kids all hopped up on sugar with hot chocolates and cookies and then let them have free rein to run around the entire store. The moms usually leave only when a child bumps his/her head bad enough that they wouldn't stop crying... I'm just waiting for the day when some kid runs into another customer** and gets a burning hot latte in the face.


*yes, it's about 99% women that do this. Women get together for coffee, men just don't do this.

**If that happens to be me... that parent will be buying me another drink before doing anything else.


Copied directly from the greatness that is Steve. This made me laugh just a little too long and hard. I keep going back and watching the kid do a 360 before falling on its face.

4 comments:

DM said...

kinda like aybabtu.... you're a bit behind on this one. this came out a while ago.. but im glad it served its purpose for you nonetheless

Anonymous said...

bwahahaha

Beckers said...

This is precisely why I leave my monster elsewhere when I have to go to crowded public places. I don't have the patience to chase him and do whatever I need to do. I wonder if that makes me a rotten parent....

Astatine said...

that's also why they make leashes for kids rebecca. then you can take him if needed.