Have an account?

31 December 2007

Randomness and Bastards....

It is very rare when I become a romantic. Sure, I do like to hold on to keepsakes and such, but I am bad about the standard flowers and date sort of thing. For past birthdays and such, people have given me roses (which I hate) to celebrate, which promptly get put in a container and forgotten. I say container, mostly b/c I do not own vases, as no one has ever bothered to give the gift of a flower I can enjoy. Or, actually, asked for that matter. Yellow roses, red roses, even black, but nonetheless, I hate roses.

But, for Christmas I was given one of the most awesome gifts ever of the 132 set of Prismacolor pencils. A beautiful, expensive set of the best colored pencils I have ever used, bought to replace my rather raggety set of 24. Sure, I am a bad artist and mostly use these for coloring, but we'll all ignore that. Someday, when I have a proper beneficiary, I will sew and draw and color and paint and take photos of everything to justify my non-payroll. Really. Sponsor me and see. :)

Back on track, to color I must have background. And for background, I love movies. Problem is, we own so many foreign films it is hard to choose a movie in English, a must when looking at a tv is optional. Tonight, half drunk I went from Swimming With Sharks to Love Actually. The original plan was a Hal Hartley movie (bonus 10 points if you know who that is), but I realized I did not have the concentration that director requires. Watch a Hartley (best director ever!!!) movie and you will see.

The plan was movies to not pay attn to. Really. Yet, somehow, the borrowed copy of Love Actually has never made it back to my parents place. I suck at romanticism, and yet that movie can almost make my challenge my entire life beliefs. Go crappy movie!!!

And, yes, this was a terribly long random entry about nothing.

On a side note....it really sucks when D1 goes down for almost 10 hours. Happy New Years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

i'd sponsor you if i didnt need sponsorship myself.

Beckers said...

Romanticism from my dear Nicole? I never thought I'd see the day. And, of course, my squishy self is quite familiar with Love, Actually. And good choice.

Astatine said...

I hide it, but I'm still a girl sometimes.