Have an account?

23 November 2007

Time to learn.....

So my family is doing Thanksgiving today. At my house. And I'm cooking and I can't cook. So far I have had to call to ask what gibblets are as it was written in my very detailed instructions on how to cook a turkey that there might be gibblets. Evidently, the very disgusting innards did not come with these particular turkey breasts. Something to be thankful for right there.

I have 10 pounds of potatoes that I am theoretically going to be mashing. Should be fun since I've never even made instant potatoes.

I have a big crate with bowls, utensils, and food from my parent's house. It is really very sad to have to borrow all this stuff. Seems like things a normal person would have in their home. Guess it makes a difference that neither Adrian or I ever cook more than a simple little meal and rarely even do that.

Let's see if I can keep from killing my family today.

And btw, oven cleaner sprays are absolutely disgusting. Nastiest smell ever when turning on the oven after having cleaned it. Ew.

3 comments:

Steve said...

How did it go? Was dinner on time? :P

Astatine said...

Went pretty well. Especially since I got mostly kicked out of the kitchen shortly after my sister arrived. Left her to do all the real work after that. And no one died! :)

Ars Hermetica said...

Huzzah for no one dying