Have an account?

27 April 2008

Sorry I Missed Your Calls Friday

Residents in Seattle's affluent Magnolia neighborhood are fuming over plans to house homeless people there. Bonus: the closest grocery sells pheasant-and-rosemary pâté for $9.99 and ground coffee for up to $18 a pound

Now, I know this won't be interesting for almost anyone, so this is strictly for my sister. I remember walking through this neighborhood on my way to Discovery Park and it is a very nice neighborhood, one that I could see wanting to live in due to the views of the sound. This your company again?

3 comments:

ja' said...

Not this time--at least not just yet.

Astatine said...

moving to a new company? or being incorporated?

ja' said...

no no no. i don't think the city has decided who will be in charge of this yet. the homeless prevention blah blah blah isn't usually in charge of actually owning or running the housing, if i understand correctly. they're more of an advocacy group. desc is the largest homeless shelter and housing program in seattle so it could very easily fall onto us.