Have an account?

11 January 2007

Frank Miller on 300

I've been watching every teaser and trailer and every stupid little feature that has come out on 300 since it was first announced. No, I have not read the comic. I'd like to at some point, but like everything else, it's a desire that gets thrown further and further away due to the accumulation of all the books I've bought and been given. There's always a stack to read that comes before purchasing more. My original draw to the movie was Gerard Butler after seeing him as the Phantom. I would watch anything that man has made with open welcome arms. The other major draw is all of the studying I did on the Spartans and Greeks back in the day when I wanted nothing more than to become an archaeologist and live in a tent. Those classes were like sitting down to a magical story every day. And now comes a movie based on elements of all the mythology I held onto so tightly as real. Just with a very violent heroic front. As a standard, I go out of my way to avoid war movies, whether they be based on true events or are totally fantastic. I do not enjoy war for I cannot discriminate between the massive pointlessness of death and the strategy. But this is a movie I have been waiting on for a long time. And, albeit a rather blithe interview, it is an interview nonetheless with Frank Miller, the man who made this anticipation possible. So please, read and enjoy.


Oh, and on a side note, it really sucks to be enjoying a glass of wine outside in the beautiful night air to have it come to a sudden halt due to rain and the effect it can have on a laptop.

0 comments: